Hi there potential employee, are you a PHP Developer? Looking for a job in the Manchester area? We're still hiring ...
We are Sonassi, a Manchester based PHP development agency that specialises in Magento development. We specialise in the creation of e-commerce solutions, using Magento as the platform for all of our projects. There are two big aspects to our business, one is Magento web development (our key focus) and the other is Magento web hosting (we have our own rack-space and equipment in data centres across Manchester).
Right now, we are looking to grow our current extraordinary team and have PHP developer positions to fill. Sound interesting, read on ...
The job role
You will be required to build new websites (both front-end and back-end development), maintain existing websites, speak to customers on the odd occasion (we like our customers to speak direct with who they are working with), be brilliant at problem solving and have an eye for design/layouts (you don't have to be a graphic designer!).
You will work closely with an experienced development team building Magento e-commerce websites and solving real-life client issues, learning the ins and outs of Magento, and how to deliver consistent, creative solutions to our industry’s most challenging problems.
- 2 yr (minimum) Commercial experience in PHP Web Development
- 1 yr (minimum) Commercial experience with Magento Development
- Excellent PHP and able to code Object-Oriented PHP by hand
- Good MySQL knowledge and ability to write SQL by hand
- Excellent HTML and CSS knowledge
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very, very basic working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop (splicing PSDs)
Even better if you have ...
- 2 yrs experience with Magento
- A flair for graphical and interface design
- HTML5 and CSS3 experience
- Experience using Linux environment
- Experience with complex, large scale web applications
A minimum of 2 years experience and able to produce a good portfolio of work, but quality, not quantity.
Negotiable salary plus benefits, with regular pay reviews.
The benefits of working at Sonassi
At Sonassi we look for team members who go the extra mile, so we offer more than just a salary:
- A generous holiday allowance - we all love a good break, so every team member get 28 days annual holiday including all Bank Holidays and a Christmas/New Year closure period (because we all love a good Christmas too!).
- Paid sick days - just because you're suffering with the flu, it doesn't mean your wages should suffer too.
- Convenient work hours - you'll come in at 10am and go home at 6pm, its extremely rare we'll ask you to work outside of these hours.
- Paid overtime - but if you do offer to help out outside of office-hours, we pay overtime at a minimum of 1.5x time.
- A fantastic working environment - our brand new office has a kitchen area, break-out area and great views of Salford Quays and is easily accessible via car or public transport (with parking on site if you need it)
- A true developers workstation - with no less than 2 monitors, a top of the range computer and extremely comfortable chiropractic chairs
- Free tea and freshly ground coffee (straight from the beans of course) every day!
- Annual go-karting tournament - on Sonassi's birthday, the whole team gets to go karting, at the company's expense.
- Laid back working environment - we work hard, but that doesn't stop us playing computer games at lunch time and listening to music all day long (check your music compatibility with ours at Last.fm)
How to apply
Please send CV, along with a description of degree/experience/why you are interested in working with Sonassi and what makes you passionate about web development to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send your CV without a cover note.